The Cats of M Global
AUGUST 8, 2018
In Celebration of International Cat Lovers Day
We want to share some of the adorable cats of M Global. Many people claim that cats in the workplace actually boost productivity and employee morale. Some forward thinking companies are jumping on this trend finding that “office cats” decrease employee stress, encourage teamwork, promote feelings of goodwill, and reduce employee burnout. A company in Japan adopted 9 cats for their workplace and saw a significant increase in interoffice communication and their employees reported that they were less stressed.
Here are some fun cat facts:
- 93% of owners said their cat makes them laugh regularly.
- 75% say that their cats can sense when their owners are sad.
- 57% of cats love to sit on their human's computer keyboard while they are trying to type on it.
- Owning a cat can reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke by a third.
- Cats only meow at humans—when communicating with other cats, they hiss, growl or make other noises. And they use their meow to manipulate humans—when they want food, for example, they can imitate the frequency of a human baby crying.
- Cats make up to 100 different sounds while dogs only make around 10.
A few of our M Global feline friends:
This is Mr. Nubs—he has no tail, was rescued on the side of the freeway eating a pigeon as a kitten, and his favorite food is tater tots. Here he is hanging out with his doggie brother, Wilson and eating pizza with the fam.
This is Archibald the Destroyer of Worlds (or Archie for short) and his companion Bailey. Archie is the boss of all the animals in the house including the 2 dogs. I bet you can guess which one is Archie. When Bailey gets tired of Archie's antics, she takes a nap with her dog friend, Chloe.
This is Rocky. He and his brother were out on the wheel well of our car one morning. Rocky stayed, but his brother ran away. Rocky loves laying in the sun and scratches under his chin!
Ricky (orange tabby on the right) was adopted him from a rescue facility a few years ago. He has a big personality and always wants to be the center of attention. He enjoys face massages and naps in the sun, but hates both paper and plastic bags. Max (black kitty on the left) was adopted from a rough home a little over a year ago. He has a little kink in his tail and loves to stretch out to be picked up or for belly rubs. Max enjoys just about any meat and attacking his older brother. He hates any veggie or fruit and can be a little shy at first.
This is Hercules. He's 15 years old and going strong! He's a Maine Coon Ragdoll mix who loves snacks and cuddling but only on his terms.
Cats are such funny creatures—stubborn, playful, shy, outgoing, independent and affectionate. Each cat has its own quirky personality and is a complex contradiction of traits much like their humans. It’s no wonder that we love them. Happy International Cat Lover’s Day from M Global!
By Angie Stephens